St. Cecilia….patron saint of music..pray for us!
Here are a few way to celebrate her feast day:
- Tell the story of St. Cecilia!
- Have a dance party! These are BOUND to happen almost daily but this one will be planned. What a great way to remind our children about the joy of music and what it does to our hearts.
- Attend a concert. My daughter has been taking piano for a few years and my son just started guitar. This would be a great day to have them give our family a small concert. Taking out small maracas or tambourines help the little kids get involved.
- Coloring Pages! I love to let my kids color pictures of saints. Often times, this is a great opportunity to pull out the watercolor paints and let them use a different kind of media. Catholic Heritage Curricula has a few beautiful coloring pages on their website. I couldn’t get the image of their St. Cecilia picture but you can find it here.
- Recognize friends or family who have her namesake. My little niece has been named after St. Cecilia. Today we will give her a call and recognize today as her “feast day”.
- Have a special treat/food for the occasion. These treats by Lacy at Catholic Icing are awesome. Seeing as my kids have had enough “halloween candy” for a while, we might try and do something similar with club crackers and cheese sticks.